Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mike's Birthday

Mike's birthday fell on a Tuesday and it just so happened to be the day he was leaving for Slovakia.. He spent his birthday on the train, then on a plane and then in a rental car for three hours driving in the middle of nowhere.  Yes, you smell guilt.  I felt bad.  Not that it was my fault or anyone else's but, I still felt terrible.  Many of you recall my birthday fell hmm....six days before we left Abilene.  In fact, lots of you attended my Justin Beiber Birthday Bash which rolled into an epic Gerney Going Away party that night that was an out of this world,  pimp-tastic time!  (Thanks again friends!)  After that showing, I felt particularly crappy about Mike's Birthday situation so I invited a few new friends over for an impromptu Saturday evening birthday.  Mike explicitly asked for no gifts but these awesome people brought bottles of everything to celebrate.  Our bare bar is no longer bare.  I made a scary looking and probably not good peanut butter cake.  No, I didn't try it and I purposefully didn't watch people as they ate it so they could throw it away and not hurt my feelings.  Fortunately, all the other food turned out great!  In true Carolyn-fashion, it was cheese themed.  Nothing new there.  Somehow we accidentally deleted all the pictures from this evening...  Oops.

Except this one from my phone....



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new gig! Sounds like you guys are setting in nicely.

    We need to figure out a time to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete