Sunday, October 9, 2011

Moving in...The charm and the challenges!

I like closets, Yes I do!  I like closets, How 'bout you!!??  Truthfully, I didn't know how much I liked closets until this last week when our household goods arrived...  We don't have a bedroom with a closet.  Period.  I realize this sounds borderline whining but I am simply sharing the challenges. (Also, I might be whining)  Don't worry, I have it all figured out!  I moved many boxes of clothes upstairs in the attic.  These were the,  "I never really wear them anyway but like to look at them sometimes because maybe..." clothes. We have two shranks in the bedroom with clothes..  There is another shrank and dresser in the 3rd bedroom.  My craft room doubles also doubles as a.....wait for it... closet.  I was frustrated at first and really not interested in sharing my space but after a day or so I've realized seeing my clothes in smaller groups in random various locations throughout the house has made seeing my clothes much easier.  The small groups are less to process when searching for an outfit and I think I will be making better choices as a result.         It's true.  I can sell anything.  Even to myself.

The truth is, I love this house and I love it even more after this weekend.  It finally feels like home.  We bought a used love seat this weekend for the dogs' window.  It is their favorite place to be especially when we are not home!  It overlooks a street and here, people are always out walking, riding bicycles, walking their dogs ...and there is also a family that walks their horse.  Every day.  I love hearing the clip clop of the hooves and the church bells in the background.  



It was amazing how the dogs' demeanor completely changed when our things arrived.  Instantly, I could sense they were more comfortable.  I found them in our bed at random times during the day and it was as if a calm had come over them..  Dempsey even found his toy box before I did!  He came running up with one of his old toys--thrilled!  They make me giggle.

It's ironic we had this amazing kitchen before but I rarely had time to bake or cook and now, I have this smaller, challenging kitchen yet I have been cooking more than ever.  I even made Paula Deen's pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting this week. Bam!  (Thank you Kerry D.)  It's all about perspective!  I think this more relaxed version of living is exactly what I needed for a few years and I fully intend on taking advantage of  job-less-ness ...even if only temporary.   It's not so bad you know. :)  At least, for now....









No comments:

Post a Comment